I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord
Psalm 27: 13-14

Monday, August 24, 2009

Our first vacation, and update on Evan

Our family vacation at Waskesiu!!
OK...this was a totally staged picture for any who think I'd actually give my son ice cream already...HEE HEE HEE HEE. It was too perfect!!!! He was eyeing it up pretty good though! No chocolate mint chip ice cream for the little bean just yet!!
OK above is me in one of my new hats! Swinging on the swings with my mommy and daddy!! Next year I'll do it my self!
Well, we have officially made it through our first family vacation! We went up to Waskesiu on Wednesday and got back home yesterday. Evan was AWESOME on the ride up! Slept the whole way up! He was so good the whole time away too! What a great boy we have!! AND the second night we were there he slept through the WHOLE NIGHT for the first time ever! Went to sleep by 11pm and didn't wake up until 7am! But boy oh boy, when I woke up I FLEW over to his bed in fear that I'd find a still, blue faced baby. NOPE, happily sleeping away, with the odd stretch and fart! hee hee hee hee hee! I couldn't believe it!! Must have been the lake air! We had had a good walk together with him in the Baby Bjorn, so he got lots of fresh air! AND he slept through the following nights as well. I think we are starting the transition to MORE SLEEP! WOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
We had a wonderful time with wonderful friends as well! Brett enjoyed his golfing with the guys. I must admit I was quite jealous as Brett and I have gone to Waskesiu for the past few years and just golfed. This year I wasn't able too. Oh well, Evan is a good reason not to be able to go. I enjoyed my girl time with Jami and Kardin. Evan loves little Kardin! She got the biggest smiles out of him!
Then on the way home Evan once again slept for pretty much the whole ride. We just stopped once in PA for a feeding.
It was nice to get away, but it is never long enough. Next year! And next year Evan can experience the lake water and sand!
Today Evan had his second meningitis shot. Poor little bean!!!! This time I made Brett come with us and he held Evan. And Evan has pretty much slept the whole afternoon! But before his shot we weighed him and he is now 12lbs 1.5ou!! The nurse was impressed with his weight gains and surprised that the NICU dietician said he'd be supplemented until a year. But to me, the supplemented feeds help with the weight gain! So it's all good with me.
Anyhow, I've added photos from our holiday. Of course they are in no specific order as I can't seem to master how to properly post them in order. But they serve their purpose regardless!
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment