I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord
Psalm 27: 13-14

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

ENOUGH WITH THE BLOWS ALREADY!!!!!!



I'm so tired.  My stomach is in knots.  And oh ya, did I mention, I am SO tired?!

Yesterday I took our boxer, Bailey, for her yearly blood test to check her thyroid level.  I also had our vet check a little bump on her that I thought was a bit different than her usual ones.
At first glance he thought it was just a wart, but because boxers are prone to a variety of issues, he wanted to aspirate some of the fluid and check the cells.

Not only did he inform me that there are cancerous cells in the fluid and that these bumps can be HIGHLY malignant, but I also ended up leaving Bailey at the vet for immediate surgery to have the tumour removed.  Yes, not just a "bump"...but a tumour.

I was an absolute mess in his office.  This is too much too soon after losing Tag.  I can't face another heart break so soon. 

We picked Bailey up at the end of the day and the poor girl just wandered around the house howling and whimpering.  And I kid you not...it was as if she was looking for Tag again.  It broke my heart to pieces.

Now we just wait for the pathology report to hear if the vet removed all of the tumour and that their margins of removal are clean, or if they cells have already spread.  This can take 7-14 days.

I feel just sick and sad. 

I'm tired...

No comments:

Post a Comment