I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord
Psalm 27: 13-14

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Define yourself. A letter to Evan...




I often journal to Evan.  Not as much as I used to.  I think before it was just a matter of telling him what was happening every single day.  And I started to realize as he got older that the mundane events of the day wouldn't matter so much for him to read back on.  It started to dawn on me, that although I still write about some mundane daily events, I wanted to start writing to him about things that I really hope and pray for his life and his future.  Today I found myself compelled to write this to Evan:


Today I want to tell you this:
Define yourself.
Find the person in you that God created you to become.
Grow THAT person.
Trust your heart.  Trust God.  Seek His wisdom and guidance in your life.  Trust His love for you.
When you catch yourself trying to be like someone else, ask yourself if that is who you truly are.  Are you happy?  Are you proud?
If the answer is no, then that is not who God made you.

You don't need to be like anyone but YOU!
You were created unique, unlike ANY other.

It's good to learn from others.  It is good to see positive qualities in others that we can bring in to our own lives.  That is okay!
BUT, when they are negative qualities and actions...FLEE from that!  Learn how you do not want to be in those moments, and use that to strengthen who you know you are.

I pray you surround yourself with strong, encouraging, positive and Godly friends.  People who build you up and bring out your best.

I pray you find strength in yourself.  
Certainty in who YOU are.
That you remain gentle, loving, thoughtful, tender, funny and kind.

I pray your ears and heart will block unkind words and actions.
I pray a mean spirited person would never shake your gentle heart.
That you will never doubt yourself.

Mommy and daddy are here to encourage you and to guide you.  To love you and support you.  To build you up and strengthen you.
We won't always have the answers.
We may not always be able to soothe a future broken heart.
But we promise to do our very best, and to walk beside you through these times.

I pray that you NEVER EVER feel less than the amazing person you are!
Uniquely you!!

Define yourself, Evan.  
Find YOU and never doubt yourself.
For you, my boy, are amazing!

I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment