I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord
Psalm 27: 13-14

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Evan's Dedication

Evan with Pastor Shawn at dedication
From left to right. Mason (my younger brothers son), Finley (my older brothers son) and Evan all hanging out on Grandma's bed!
Brett and Evan with my younger brother Scott and his son Mason
Evan and Mason having a great old time pulling grandma's hair!! Everyone loves to tug the black hair!!
Evan with his cousin Mason hanging on grandma's bed.
So today was Evan's first official appearance at church for his dedication! While I was getting ready this morning I felt sick to my stomach. I thought it was strange. I was happy to be going to church finally after how long! BUT, I was so nervous about people touching Evan's hands. So to bypass some of that concern I found a pair of Evan's old scratch mitties and stuck those on his hands. Evan did really good. He loved the praise and worship part of the service. I always played music for the boys, right from the day I sat in the recliner after our IVF transfer when the boys got to come "home" to mommy's tummy! Every day I would put my ear phones on my tummy and play them praise and worship music.
ANYHOW, the service was right at Evan's morning nap time so I knew it was going to be a toss up as to how Evan would handle the new scenery and noise. But, as we sang he fell asleep in my arms.
Pastor Shawn called us up and as I passed Evan to Shawn he woke up to meet the congregation.
It was very special for us to have Shawn do this dedication. Pastor Shawn did Zac's funeral, so it was a full-circle moment for us all. Thank you, Shawn, for the way you incorporated Zac in this special day!! That meant the world to us as our hearts ached while we stood there so proud of Evan, yet missing our little Zac.
Today was a very special day. We got the dedication on our camcorder, but I've yet to figure out how to dowload to my computer. But I see there is an option to add a video on here, so as soon as I figure it out, I will upload to share with everyone.
We didn't get many actual pictures of the service, but the one I've included was Evan with Pastor Shawn meeting everyone.
Please continue to pray for Evan, and for Brett and I. Please pray for me as flu/cold/RSV season approaches. I find that my nerves are on edge because this is Evan's first season, and I'm TERRIFIED of him getting ill. RSV is a huge thing for preemies, and is something that is VERY easy to contract, so hand-washing around Evan is a must must must. I've seen enough of the inside of a hospital to last me 10 lifetimes. I really don't want Evan to end up there again. That is my worst fear this season! And because of Evan's compromised immune system, the trick is keeping him healthy! But I know I also need to take charge of my fears and not let them run me down and to the ground!
Evan has a busy next few days. Tomorrow he goes for his monthly assessment with his physiotherapist and occupational therapist. Those are always fun, especially hearing how well he is doing!! Then on Tuesday Evan has his 6 month (3 month corrected) check up with my Doctor. I always like seeing where he falls on the charts. So far when we use his birth age he doesn't even end up on the charts, but when we use his corrected age (which is how he is gauged) he is always in the normal ranges. THEN on Wednesday Evan has his NICU follow up with one of his neonatologist, plus sees his dietician and then has his hearing test. We'll head up to the NICU for our visit with the nurses too. I'm looking forward to seeing them!
OOOHHHH, here is a plug for a store in Saskatoon. My brother and his wife called me on Friday to tell me about a big sale at this store called Toon Trendz in Willowgrove. It's a lot of name brand clothes for kids, but AWESOME stuff. ANYWAY, of course I hear "big sale" and I'm all over it. I had wanted to find Evan a special, yet FUNKY outfit for his dedication. So off we went. Turns out that the lady who owns the store was one of Evan's NICU nurses!!!!!!!!!! We got a chance to have a visit with Michelle, so that was GREAT! Anyhow, if you are looking for really nice stuff, check out the store. It's just kitty-corner to the Liquor board store in Willowgrove, right beside Booster Juice.
Well, I suppose I should get going. Evan has been having his pre-nighttime sleep and will be getting ready for his 2nd supplemented feed of the day. He is still on 2 supplemented bottle feeds a day. As of Friday Evan was weighing 13lbs 7.3ounces!!!! He's getting heavy!! What a difference from 2lbs 9ounces!!

No comments:

Post a Comment