I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord
Psalm 27: 13-14

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A bit of this, a bit of that...

Evan with his buddy Bailey!!! She is so good with him! He was having a great time "petting" her and pulling on her ears!!
Evan had his appointment with his OT yesterday and he is doing GREAT developmentally. Meeting all his milestones. His OT laughed at how even in the past 2 weeks Evan seems to have gotten "chubbier"!! I love hearing that!! It's pleasing to know that he is doing well!!!
We also had him weighed and he is now 15lbs 15ou. Quickly creeping to that 16lb mark!! And I've yet again had to weed out small clothes from his closet!!!! He has gotten longer, and bigger :)
On Sunday we went to Grainfields and I let Evan taste a bit of pear from my fruit cup and he LOVED it!!!! Of course...it's sweet!!! He hasn't had any fruit as of yet because we were to start him on meats first. That's right...meats!! And I'm glad so that he develops that palat first!
BUT, the pear was a wonderful new world to him!!!! He was shaking he was so excited!
My cousin is back living with us for his last stint of school at SIAST, and we were all laughing yesterday how when we are eating all Evan does is stare down our plates!!! He just wants real food already! And he's getting there!
My brother in law also let Evan have a "taste" of a mandarin orange which he enjoyed also!
We have chicken accepted, but I tried lamb and that has been quite the humorous test. He gags at it and then puiks up what he has eaten. So I think we'll skip the lamb and go for the good stuff - BEEF! Because honestly...I don't cook lamb for ourselves, so it's not like it is a part of our diet anyhow! Beef on the other hand...big staple!
Once we have that underway we will begin with some veggies and then on to fruits.
Evan is just FULL of energy, and seriously, once he gets this rolling and then crawling thing sorted out...I won't have to worry about how I'm going to lose the rest of my pregnancy weight!! He already keeps me moving...but I KNOW I'm going to be REALLY moving once he's mobile!!
We really enjoyed the beautiful weather today by taking the dogs for a walk and then Evan and I continued on our walk and "cruised" 8th street. OK...we went to Superstore to check out the boy clothes (booooooo, get with it people! Make more boy stuff!!!!!! GRRRRRRR), then we went to Winners (BIGGER BOOOOOOOO...why do I insist on going there? It drives me CRAZY and I always leave disappointed and annoyed!) and then we ended our journey by going to Starbucks...where I'm never left disappointed!!!!! Mmmmmm, peppermint mocha's are YUMMY! But those will be FEW AND FAR BETWEEN since I'm on the quest to get back to some resemblance of my old body!!
Things are good. Evan is my light! He makes us laugh and reminds us that "miracle" isn't just an empty word (lets admit it...sometimes I've wondered about the strength of miracles!). I don't know what I would do without my buddy!
I've been working on a Christmas wreath for Zac's gravesite. I've been collecting little ornaments here and there, some special, so just Christmas type ornaments. I have one that is a picture frame that I have Zac's photo in.
I've been missing my little guy more and more lately. I suppose because I am watching Evan grow leaps and bounds, and I am just feeling really sad that his brother is not at his side where he should be. And no amount of "peace" in knowing where Zac IS will help the sadness in my heart. I still feel like that part is a bad dream. And honestly have woken some nights searching my bed for Zac.
Anyhow, please continue to pray for Evan during the cold/flu/H1N1/RSV season. So far we've been fortunate, but I am much more homeward bound with Evan now and we limit our exposure to public situations. And will be that way until this season has passed. This being his first year we are to be VERY careful with him.
Please also pray for Evan for this Friday. He gets his first of five RSV vaccination needles, and I've heard through the grapevine that it is not a pleasant experience for these kiddos!
Please also pray for our hearts this Christmas season. Last Christmas we were so tickled by knowing our boys were well, and we had such a great time finally getting to be part of the ranks of soon to be parents. It is going to be difficult as we go through our first Christmas with a piece of our family missing. Also for my heart in January...the 30th being when everything blew up in my face. These "year mark" milestones are going to be painful!
To those who continue to follow my blog...I am sending you big hugs. I've always been worried that people would lose interest and would stop following. It means a lot to me knowing that people still want to watch Evan grow, and to hear my heart.
Thank you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Heather, I LOVE reading your updates and I'm honoured that you share your heart so openly. Please continue to do so! I hope Evan did well with the first of his RSV shots today. I love seeing the pics of your lil guy growing so fast! I also feel deep sadness for you that you have to make a Christmas wreath for Zac, rather than preparing to buy him all the things for a baby's first Christmas. And of course those 'anniversaries'. The remembrance of how you felt last Christmas and now half of that joy has gone with losing Zac. I pray for you so often my friend and please forgive me when I forget to email you back or write on your blog or just simply keep in touch. Honestly, sometimes I don't know what to say b/c I'm struggling myself right now, but I want you to know I love you and you are all in my prayers so very often. ♥♥

    ReplyDelete