I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord
Psalm 27: 13-14

Monday, December 26, 2011

From an innocent, tender-loving six year old heart...

On Christmas Eve my family was over at our house.
Before most arrived, I was in the kitchen getting stuff ready and my precious 6 year old nephew came and kept me some company.  He looked at a snow-globe that I have with one side a picture of Zac and the other a picture of Evan.  He asked if the picture of Zac was when he died, and I told him no, that was just before while we got to spend time with him.  And then he said something that touched my heart to tears...

Finley:  "Auntie Heather, remember when we let go of all those balloons for Zac last year?"
Me:  "Sure do buddy!  I'm going to do it again this year!  And you are more than welcome to come again!"
Finley:  "I think those balloons are going to land on your house, and in them are going to be letters from God about Zac and letters from Zac too!"
Me:  "Finley, I think that is the best idea ever!  And I love that!  Thank you!"

And then off he went to play with the other kids.

Knock the wind right out of me.  You have to understand...my nephew gets what happened with Zac.  He knows about his cousin thanks to his precious mommy and daddy.  My sister-in-law always mentions Zac's name to the kids...and it is pure music to my ears and to my heart to know she isn't uncomfortable and trying to "hush" my son.  She feels him as much as our family as I do...and I adore her to no end for that.  She has no idea how very very much I love her for that.  And I love that my nephew sees Zac's picture and says "Hey!  That's Zac!"  I love it.  And I'm greatful.

It took everything in me not to shed some tears in front of him after he shared such a precious thought...but the smile that came to my face at such an innocent idea, and such a precious image of that very thing...it took over.  I just smile when I think of that thought!

A very precious gift to me indeed!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that makes me tear up! How very special he is remembered by your family like that. ♥

    ReplyDelete