I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord
Psalm 27: 13-14

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Strength for today...

I don't know how much time I have right now, but I just wanted to share another line from another devotional from my study bible.  One that is another packed statement that I find I can struggle with.

The devotional is titled "Go in strength" based from Judges 6:14 "Go in the strength you have...Am I not sending you?" and promised "I will be with you" (6:16).

The line that really struck home with me is from a plaque from a mother's wall that said "The will of God will never lead you where the grace of God cannot keep you."

In thinking of diappointment and struggle and heart ache in so many, it's often a question of mine...why would God's will include that.  Yup, I know...fallen world.  I get that.  I know it's not that God does mean stuff to us.  I know our fallen world is the cause for pain.  And I know that it is God's love, strength and sacrifice that gets us through.  But still, the human nature wants to point a finger at the most innocent direction.

But it's true...God's grace gets us through!  It's not our strength...it's HIS.  His love, His grace, His comfort, His protection. 

No matter the pain...He will get us through.  And through the pain...we can see the good things in life too!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment