I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord
Psalm 27: 13-14

Sunday, March 11, 2012

3 years in heaven...

March 9, 2009...the day heaven was blessed to welcome home our angel Zac.  
I now try to focus on how healthy, whole, pain-free...perfect Zac is in heaven.  Who wraps HIS arms around him.  Knowing that Zac is home.  And that one day we will join him.

But on THIS March 9, 2012, while we remain here on earth missing our sweet angel...it still hurts to be apart.

Evan and I went out to the cemetery with balloons to release for Zac's heaven birthday.  And you know, this may sound odd (maybe not so odd to parents who have suffered the experience of burying their child)...but Evan and I had a very nice time with our visit and balloon release for Zac.
I had to dig a path to Zac's gravesite, and Evan had a blast making snowballs behind me and throwing them at me.  
Then, when Evan released the first balloon, it got stuck in a nearby tree.  So we moved a bit and released the other two, which successfully (and barely) made it over the trees.  We had fun blowing kisses and cheering the balloons for Zac to "catch".  And I even managed to get the first balloon out of the tree it was stuck in, so we let it go again...and it aaaaaalmost made it, but then again got stuck at the very top of a very tall tree that overlooks the childrens cemetery area.  So, I figure that one is just meant to be watching over the cemetery.  I like that thought.

Before we left, Evan told Zac "love you Zacy.  Miss you!"
It was precious and heart breaking all in one.  But this time...more precious.  

It was a special day for us indeed!

We love you Zac.  We miss you always.  You are forever in our hearts our sweet angel!!!








Can you see the hidden silver balloon! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment