I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord
Psalm 27: 13-14

Monday, March 23, 2009

Another good day, with a prayer request

Well yesterday was another good day. No brady's or apnea's for our little guy!! I got to kangaroo care him again, which went awesome. His vitals stayed perfect. After I was done the nurse was trying to tell Brett to try and he kept saying "no, it's okay. We have lots of time." So I went to go pump (sorry...but it's a major part of my life now! hee hee hee), and while I sat there smiling about my snuggle with our son Brett came in and told me I was missing out...he was going to kangaroo care too!!! The nurses ganged up on him and he agreed! I couldn't BELIEVE that I was going to miss the first true snuggle with Brett and our son!!!! And then I was choked because how was I supposed to relax and continue my task! BUT, fortunately Evan did so well with his snuggles that they extended the length of time with Brett and I was able to catch the tail end of their time together. It was AWESOME!!!!!! And then when we went back after dinner Evan had his usual night weigh-in and he gained another ounce yesterday!!! THREE OUNCES in two days!! He is now at 2lbs 14.5ou. He is quickly approaching the 3lb mark!! Anyhow, I called (as usual) the night nurse at 6:30 this morning to see how Evan's night was. He had had 4 bradycardia's, but two he corrected on his own. He had one more before I got there, and then one while I was there...but that one didn't last long. His high flow air had been decreased yesterday, so it might just take a day or two for him to adjust to that. But I am asking that you continue to pray that the Brady's and Apnea's would be few and far between, and soon enough NONE! I can't believe that this thursday Evan will be 31 gestational weeks, and on Friday he will be THREE weeks old!! He is even looking more filled in. And we can see the changes taking place in his little body. He is such a trooper! He has such strength. I really admire him! He is quite the boy! We can't thank you enough for your prayers for Evan, and for us! Honestly, we see how the prayers are helping Evan! Continue to pray against the Brady's and Apnea's, that he will continue to gain weight, that he will soon not need the high-flow air, that he will soon figure out the whole sucking/breathing/swallowing thing so that he can start to eat without the feeding tube. We are so humbled by all the love and support that we probably even don't realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment