I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord
Psalm 27: 13-14

Sunday, March 22, 2009

A good night for our little guy...

Well, yesterday was good with Evan. He is happy on his air so that's good. I did get to hold him Kangaroo care. But at the end of our snuggle he decided to give me a heart attack and try to Brady. A good rub on the back woke him from his deep sleep...but still...that's nerve wracking. I told the nurse to put him back in his isolette so that he could stretch out. Apparently his Brady was called a positional Brady. Sometimes he will get too comfy, or if his chin was too tilted down in to his neck then it can create a Brady. As soon as he was stretched out in his bed he was perfectly fine. What a turkey...keeping us on our toes! His feeds went really well yesterday too. After going for supper with my brother and sister-in-law, Brett and I went back to the hospital to spend some more time with Evan. We like to go back after 8pm when the nurses shift change happens. I like to be able to spend some more time with him before we head home for the night. Anyhow...we got there right as his nurse was weighing him. He gets weighed each night. She lifted him and placed him back down and said "that can't be right". So cleared the scale, lifted him again and placed him back down and said "well...I guess it is right! Quite the little porker today!" Our son gained 2 OUNCES yesterday!!! So far his gains have just been in grams, so to hear 2 ounces blew us away!!! He is now at 2lbs 12.5 ounces!!! That's GREAT! We thought maybe he needed to "relieve" himself and that contributed to his weight, but his nurse said that he had just had a good poop before she weighed him! Brett and I left while Evan's vitals were perfect and he was sleeping soundly. That makes it a BIT "easier" to leave. I HATE leaving him, but it helps when he is doing so well. Brett and I actually went and rented a movie!!! We haven't watched a movie and snuggled up on the couch together in over 8 weeks!! So it was nice to be able to sit there and enjoy each others company and do something as normal as watching a movie, and to be able to not be in a panic! I tried really hard not to fall asleep during the movie, but my head kept snapping...I was done!! Brett laughed at me, and I just said "I just have to close my eyes!" I called this morning at 5:30 to see how his night went. His nurse said that he just had a couple tiny spit-ups. I asked if he had any Brady's or apnea's. She thought he had a tiny Brady while she had been on break, but she checked his records and....no Brady's or Apnea's!! Thank you God!!!! I am so thankful to God for another good night, especially with no Brady's or Apnea's!! I think I'm going to go lay down for a bit more. We will be heading up to the hospital for my usual arrival time. By 1pm at the latest. I thank you all so very much for your prayers. PLEASE keep them coming!!! I can hardly wait for the day where I can post the picture of Brett, Evan and myself walking out of the NICU doors. Again...a bitter sweet day that will be...but we are so looking forward to it!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm So thankful with you that Evan had another great day and night! Praising God! Praying that it will continue to go so well. While we rejoice over the joy that Evan is bringing you, I know that every bit of joy is laced with sorrow too. I'm praying for your heart as you grieve your precious Zac! HUGS!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete