I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord
Psalm 27: 13-14

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Our seventh miracle

Today Brett and I were introduced to the NICU liason...our seventh miracle. This woman is beyond what I could have asked for today. The very first thing she said was "congratulations!" The first time someone in this medical field opted to begin with joy and hope!! She spoke patiently with us and so kind. She helped provide us much needed relief from all the medical statistic jargon that left nothing but gloom! She was my angel today! After talking with us and encouraging us and explaining the walk we will be on she took us down to the NICU and we got to go in and see the babies in there now. She introduced us to a couple who were preparing their second premie child to go home today!! We heard the cries of a little one, and it took everything in me not to fall to pieces. But to see the care they were all receiving left me feeling more at peace than I have all week! I had a rough morning to start with after my OB's resident rounds...more statistic junk that I'm tired of being fed every morning. Like I don't understand!! He tells me every morning. I had a terrible sleep last night so to have to listen to it AGAIN just did me in. My mom joined me shortly after until Brett was able to take over. My angels! But again, after meeting with this WONDERFUL lady and seeing first hand the care our boys will receive did wonders for my soul. Tonight we are having fun watching Greys Anatomy and Private Practice...a nice break! I'm praying for a full and restful sleep tonight so that my strength will continue to grow. My appetite has been coming back...even to the point of me anticipating my not-so-lovely hospital food! Sometimes it is a guessing game at what I'm devouring, but too hungry to care!! :) I thank God for a break in the gloom today, and for this precious woman who took such care and time for Brett, me and our boys. God knew we needed a bit of a sunray of encouragement and hope and I am so grateful for that. We have another day under our belts and the boys heart rates remain strong and movement good. I am clinging to yet another precious miracle to be seen on that ultra sound screen on Monday...please keep us in your prayers! Thank you Lord for some sunshine today!

No comments:

Post a Comment