I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord
Psalm 27: 13-14

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Quick update - Tues, Feb 17

OK, I'm really baffled. I met with one of the anesthesiologists this afternoon. She went over the epidural procedure, side affects, what I can expect...routine stuff. Then she went through IF my platelettes became an issue they may have to put me under general anesthesia...but that's up in the air. Now...this is where I get baffled. She said she was looking through the lab reports, and the report from last night that said my platelettes dipped to 78 had a note on it saying that it had been read WRONG, and that the numbers were in the 300's!!!!! And she said todays blood work showed my numbers in the 300's as well!!! HUH???? So the OB is going to get a lot of questions from me tomorrow!! I'm hoping that she was correct in her reading! I think they may be order yet another test to check my platelettes individually, and to watch how they clump. She said sometimes the numbers may read low, but that the platelettes and clumping are just fine. I did have the other ultra sound this afternoon on my spleen and liver. And how hillarious...the tech doing the ultra sound was a girl I went to elementary and highschool with!!! So we had a bit of a catch up session during the ultra sound! It was actually really fun to have her do it!! And I got another quick peek at the boys and their heart rates again. :) She had me wait while she talked to the doctor, and when she came back she said that things looked fine! Again...will have to wait for the official report...so if the ultra sound showed no inflammation on my spleen and liver then I am dubbed with the "unexplained" aspect of this thrombosis! No surprise there!! So I'm looking forward to hearing everything tomorrow. But most of all, I'm praying that we hear our little fighter has the same amount of fluid, and has not been losing any additional. I'm still beyond thrilled with their weights!! Anyhow, I'm off to bed now. My eyes are heavy. It has been a long day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment