I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord
Psalm 27: 13-14

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wed Feb 18

Well, it's official...the lab report was wrong on my platelette reading of 78!! They were indeed in the 300's as was last nights follow up blood draw! They did another one this morning just to see what those numbers are like. Dr. D came in this morning and asked if I had heard about the confusion, and I said yes...and the rise was probably because of the Blizzard I had eaten! hee hee hee. He laughed and said not to say that too loud or they'd have to start buying everyone Blizzards! Then of course came the serious tone. Our little fighters fluids are still very low...about 3mls worth. He said at this point it is still a day by day waiting game, but his outcome is uncertain at this point. NICE...just want you want to hear ALONE at 6:50am! But we will continue to monitor for any signs of distress. After he left I just sat there and cried and cried. I'm tired of this. And so very scared for our little bean. BUT, I am still holding on to God for His strength and just knowing that through Him all things are possible. So I pray that our little guys lungs won't have been too slowed down and that he will continue to do well. Our other little guy is perfectly fine. Talk about tug-of-war emotions. My head hurts from it all. But then I decided to keep it together until I spoke with the actual OB. Dr. M came in and said that the boys weights were really great and that they seem to be doing well. But yes, our little fighter does have substantially low fluid. I asked if it was the same as last week, and she said yes...so to me...that's still good news. The disappointing news is he is not retaining any new fluid. I really wish that were the case. She has ordered weekly ultra sounds starting next week. Next ultra sound she will have them check our little fighters lungs/respiratory to see where he is at. Because the rupture happened at 23 weeks there is a strong chance that his lung development has been compromised. Again...praying for a special miracle for our little guy that these doctors will be blown away that there has been no damage or developmental compromise. I also spoke to the GIM doctor who has been following the whole platelette issue...he said they figured something must have been up with my report because it wasn't making sense. I had no symptoms, no bleeding, no history...no nothing. It really had been rising and dipping, but that number of 78 was throwing them off. We'll see how this mornings blood draw went and if the numbers were still high. He also read the results from the ultra sound done on my spleen and liver yesterday, and they were completely normal. I'm hoping to get home for a bit this afternoon. I need a break from the reality of this place. Hopefully it works out. I need an escape day!!

1 comment:

  1. Heather
    I'm glad your numbers were wrong!!

    Stay positive girl!!

    praying for you and the boys!!