I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord
Psalm 27: 13-14

Monday, February 9, 2009

Update Mon Feb 9th

well, after waiting aaaaaall day in hopes that my doctor would come back and talk to both Brett and I with the ultra sound results...nadda. Oh well, I just decided to take it as no news is...not worse news. Brett spent the day with me keeping me entertained and uplifted. He is truly the greatest in the world!! My nurses today were pretty funny! One in particular made me laugh so hard!! At one point this afternoon I was so sick of laying in bed so Brett and I switched. I sat in the chair...HE laid in my bed! The nurse came in and started laughing and saying to Brett "OH you look AMAZING for expecting twins!" Then Brett told her he'd buzz her if he needed anything and then as she was leaving she said "I'll be back to check your cervix". OH MY GOODNESS...did I ever laugh!!!!!!!!!! On my bed tray I have a picture of the boys at 16 weeks (3D ultra sound) and every nurse comments on it when the come in. They just love it. And yesterday my mom bought me this little stand up plaque that says MIRACLES HAPPEN. The most astonishing thing about miracles is that they happen. GK Chesterton. A few of the nurses have commented on that. And when I was going down for my ultra sound I was wearing a t-shirt that my friend had made for me that says across the belly "God's Little Miracles". The ultra sound tech said "I love your shirt". No matter what...our boys are a miracle and a witness of God's grace. These little comments confirm that to me. And if I can be any kind of witness in even my attitude...then God is doing more than I hoped. Not just through my boys, but through me too. I'm trying to get to sleep so that I will be mentally prepared to deal with speaking to my doctor without Brett regarding todays ultra sound. That's tough...I wish I didn't have to do that alone. My head starts spinning when they start talking, and I don't want to make any decisions without Brett. I pray that even though our little guys fluid is still low that there is still time for him to keep growing before my doc may decide it's time to meet our little ones. It hit me today that one day soon...we will be seeing our miracle babies! And that thought really caught my breathe! wow! I've never thought about labor and all that entails, but today I did have it cross my mind. I told Brett that the only thing that makes me nervous is the possibility that I will go in to labor alone in this room during the night...hmmmm. Well, I better get to sleep. I'm tired, it has been another long day...and tomorrow will be a big day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment